SOV Midweek Lenten Series – The Tree of Life
“Rom, Basilika San Clemente, Apsis 1” by Dnalor 01 – Own work. Licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0 via Wikimedia Commons – http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Rom,_Basilika_San_Clemente,_Apsis_1.jpg#mediaviewer/File:Rom,_Basilika_San_Clemente,_Apsis_1.jpg
Our Midweek Lenten series “Tree of Life” will begin on Wednesday, February 25th and will take place at 7 pm each Wednesday evening through March 25th. “Many world religions use the image of the tree of life when depicting their central beliefs and values. For Christians, that tree of life is the cross.” (Sundays and Seasons, p.112, Augsburg Fortress)
Each week a scripture passage and a hymn will illumine the cross of Christ as our tree of life.
• February 25 – The tree of life in Eden is given, and then denied.
• March 4 – God will transform the low tree into the tree of life.
• March 11 – We hold fast to wisdom, as if it were the very tree of life.
• March 18 – The mustard bush is a tree of life only in a hidden way.
• March 25 – Love, joy, peace, patience… are fruits of the tree of life.
All are welcome to attend this five part Lenten series.